Theft Motor Vehicle Parts Creedmoor NCFebruary 17, 2021
Larceny Tripletts Automotive Creedmoor NCFebruary 24, 2021
Our office has received several reports of various scams victimizing residents of Granville County. The scammers have solicited residents by phone, mail, and computer. Some of the reported scams include the following:
- Computer virus protection scam
- Unemployment benefits scam
- Counterfeit check scams
- Debt collection scams
- IRS/ NC Dept. of Revenue tax scams
Our investigators work hard to resolve these scams and want you to protect yourself by offering the following tips:
- Don’t respond to unsolicited emails, phone calls, or mail from a company with a name you don’t recognize or don’t have an account with. If you are contacted by a company and you’re unsure of their authenticity, call our office.
- Never share financial or personal information such as your birth date, Social Security number, or bank account number unless you are sure of where it is going.
- Regularly monitor your financial accounts to make sure there are no unauthorized charges.
- Beware of phishing scams. Don’t click on a link from an unknown email sender.
- Protect your PINs and passwords. Avoid using easily available information as your PIN or password such as your mother’s maiden name, your birth date, or your phone number. Change your passwords regularly.
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, contact the
Granville County Sheriff’s Office at 919-693-3213.